About Me

Van Walton

Fun Facts about Van Walton

My favorite smell: The way the earth smells after it rains.

My favorite sound: The first notes of a grand symphony.

My favorite way to relax: Sitting anywhere outside - on my front porch, on my deck, or by the lake, early in the morning with my first cup of coffee.

My favorite birthday dessert: a Peach cobbler baked by my husband. He’s my fave chef!

I will not eat: Avocado. They turn my stomach into a volcano that never erupts.

Technology I couldn't live without and why: My laptop - it takes me anywhere I want to go.

One thing that makes me smile: My sons' faces!

FacebookFriend Van on Facebook

My Resources



My book, From the Pound to the Palace, is available for $10
from Proverbs 31 Ministries.


Pound to Palace


My book, Little Halos, is available for $5.99 from Proverbs
31 Ministries.


Little Halos


Proverbs 31 Ministries












Links




Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Monday, October 25, 2010

Movin' on Mondays

Movin' on in faith

When God calls you to move how do you step out?

Nothing gives me more joy or fascinates me more than to observe my woodland neighbors. If there is a neighbor I particularly would like to keep up with, it would be the squirrels who live in the trees surroudning my house. They are always on the move and they have fun at it! Although they spend their time working, building, saving, harvesting- they make a game out of each chore. I observe as they chase and soar.

What intrigues me most is their faith- how they "go out on a limb" and rarely pause to consider the dangers they may encounter if by chance they would not reach the next limb.

I have to admit my doubting nature. I trust God. I just don't trust myself. When he calls me to move I have to think about it. Plan. Prepare myself. Plot out my journey. Even then I may not step out in faith. So often I am my greatest hindrance.

As I sit here in my bedroom looking out at the trees I see these little woodland creatures scurring here and there without a care. They trust the limbs on which they travel. They get the job done and they make it all look so fun and easy.

I am pretty sure that is how I am meant to live my Christian life. Stepping out in faith, trusting God, joyfully.

Today is a new day.

God, let me learn from the squirrel. Today I want to step out in faith, living joyfully and all the while productive doing my work as unto You.

Oh and of course I want to always

Shine!

0 comments: