About Me

Van Walton

Fun Facts about Van Walton

My favorite smell: The way the earth smells after it rains.

My favorite sound: The first notes of a grand symphony.

My favorite way to relax: Sitting anywhere outside - on my front porch, on my deck, or by the lake, early in the morning with my first cup of coffee.

My favorite birthday dessert: a Peach cobbler baked by my husband. He’s my fave chef!

I will not eat: Avocado. They turn my stomach into a volcano that never erupts.

Technology I couldn't live without and why: My laptop - it takes me anywhere I want to go.

One thing that makes me smile: My sons' faces!

FacebookFriend Van on Facebook

My Resources



My book, From the Pound to the Palace, is available for $10
from Proverbs 31 Ministries.


Pound to Palace


My book, Little Halos, is available for $5.99 from Proverbs
31 Ministries.


Little Halos


Proverbs 31 Ministries












Links




Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What's in your entry way Wednesday's

Last spring I threw some seeds in the ground around my mail box. I dug up the dirt and stuck sunflower seeds and zinnia seeds into little shallow holes.

I didn't really have much hope. I have tried growing flowers from seeds before. Nothing really ever happened.

Not so this year. Although we have had a dry summer, I had a bumper crop of flowers. I have enjoyed them so.

Every week I cut flowers from my flower bed and fill a vase with flowers- just to make my entry way look cheery and inviting. 

It really doesn't take a lot to add a little life to a setting. Find a spot in your house where the natural light seeps in and put a few flowers in the rays of sunshine. Suddenly the room comes to life!   

Shine!

1 comments:

Meaghan said...

Hmmm, well that is truly an inspiration because I can't grow hardly a thing from seeds - I was popping thru the list of P31 contributors and your sunflower picture won me over and took me by surprise - that's one plant I'd sure love to get growing! I've tried in the past half heartily, and it's a little late to start now. Please feel free to post more of your great garden pictures!