About Me

Van Walton

Fun Facts about Van Walton

My favorite smell: The way the earth smells after it rains.

My favorite sound: The first notes of a grand symphony.

My favorite way to relax: Sitting anywhere outside - on my front porch, on my deck, or by the lake, early in the morning with my first cup of coffee.

My favorite birthday dessert: a Peach cobbler baked by my husband. He’s my fave chef!

I will not eat: Avocado. They turn my stomach into a volcano that never erupts.

Technology I couldn't live without and why: My laptop - it takes me anywhere I want to go.

One thing that makes me smile: My sons' faces!

FacebookFriend Van on Facebook

My Resources



My book, From the Pound to the Palace, is available for $10
from Proverbs 31 Ministries.


Pound to Palace


My book, Little Halos, is available for $5.99 from Proverbs
31 Ministries.


Little Halos


Proverbs 31 Ministries












Links




Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What's on your coffee table Wednesdays

Decorating intentionally.

Last week my friend Shari gave me her new book---and signed it.


Weeeeeee I have an authographed copy

of the most awesome, useful, encouraging, book ever. What is so wonderful about it??? It is practical AND FUN. I want to page through it constantly. It's packed full of all sorts of info telling me about what colors look best on me, what size jewelry to wear - I have learned that I am a movie star and because I know that I know exactly what size earrings and pendants to wear. I also know that I have diamonds in my legs telling me the best length for me. 

Now that it is on my coffee table I get to touch it, look through it, apply it every time I shop or dress.

Want to learn about what looks best on you? If you live in the Charlotte area you are invited to Shari's book signing this Sunday:  Borders, North Lake Mall on I 77 (north) from 3 - 5.
Hope to see you there!

Now that it's on my coffee table do you know how many friends are goign to ask about it  and want one?     Lots! 

What are you doing in your home intentionally?

What is on your coffee table?

Let me challenge you to trim your house intentionally and

Shine!

3 comments:

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

I am going to try to get this book this weekend at "our local stores" here in Cedar Rapids, IA. I am so looking forward to reading it! Thank you for the reminder. :) God Bless.

Shari Braendel said...

Hi Van, I love what you did with your coffee table!!!! Thank you for telling your readers about my book...by the way, your site is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Amazing!!!! love you, Van!

Wendy Blight said...

Hi Van,

LOVE, LOVE your blog!!

On my coffee table is a photo album from our trip to Hawaii in June 2007 where we celebrated Monty's 25th high school reunion and our 20th wedding anniversary. It contains glorious pictures of God's incredibly beautiful creation, pictures of our precious children, and memories of our family spending ten whole days together without outside interruption. I TREASURE that time and TREASURE the album.

Love you,

Wendy