About Me

Van Walton

Fun Facts about Van Walton

My favorite smell: The way the earth smells after it rains.

My favorite sound: The first notes of a grand symphony.

My favorite way to relax: Sitting anywhere outside - on my front porch, on my deck, or by the lake, early in the morning with my first cup of coffee.

My favorite birthday dessert: a Peach cobbler baked by my husband. He’s my fave chef!

I will not eat: Avocado. They turn my stomach into a volcano that never erupts.

Technology I couldn't live without and why: My laptop - it takes me anywhere I want to go.

One thing that makes me smile: My sons' faces!

FacebookFriend Van on Facebook

My Resources



My book, From the Pound to the Palace, is available for $10
from Proverbs 31 Ministries.


Pound to Palace


My book, Little Halos, is available for $5.99 from Proverbs
31 Ministries.


Little Halos


Proverbs 31 Ministries












Links




Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thursday Time Trials

Last Saturday I spoke in Pinehurst at the Village Chapel. The ladies planned an all day retreat at the Country Club of North Carolina and invited me to speak. We chose the topic:

                             Wait Management
So of course I spoke on waiting. Although the Bible teaching was deep and my stories seemed to be relevant, I got lots of comments about the practical suggestion I made- a “gym bag” to take to God’s Wait Room. I suggested that the ladies create their own little tote bag and fill it with items that would help them survive their time trials. The bag I showed them can easily be stowed away in a big purse or under the car seat to be used when our lives are put on hold- you know, when a child runs late and you are stuck waiting in the parking lot or when an appointment runs over and the doctor or hair dresser puts you off a few minutes or half an hour!

I have found that when I have something worthwhile to occupy my time I am less likely to lose my patience or become frustrated.
In my Wait Management “work out bag” I have a small Bible, a notebook, pen, highlighter, note cards for writing notes of encouragement, a devotional, pictures of my favorite people so I can pray for them, a collection of my favorite quotes, Bible verses, the latest P31 Magazines – sometimes I even give them away in waiting rooms!
Why not make it a priority to make yourself a work out bag and prepare yourself for the next time you are in the Wait Room or better yet- create a few to have on hand and give away to friends whose lives have ground to a halt and be a blessing to someone who needs encouragement. Be a meaningful blessing and
Shine! .

0 comments: