About Me

Van Walton

Fun Facts about Van Walton

My favorite smell: The way the earth smells after it rains.

My favorite sound: The first notes of a grand symphony.

My favorite way to relax: Sitting anywhere outside - on my front porch, on my deck, or by the lake, early in the morning with my first cup of coffee.

My favorite birthday dessert: a Peach cobbler baked by my husband. He’s my fave chef!

I will not eat: Avocado. They turn my stomach into a volcano that never erupts.

Technology I couldn't live without and why: My laptop - it takes me anywhere I want to go.

One thing that makes me smile: My sons' faces!

FacebookFriend Van on Facebook

My Resources



My book, From the Pound to the Palace, is available for $10
from Proverbs 31 Ministries.


Pound to Palace


My book, Little Halos, is available for $5.99 from Proverbs
31 Ministries.


Little Halos


Proverbs 31 Ministries












Links




Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Monday, April 12, 2010

Movin' on after movin' in Mondays


Moving through The Gate

Hello- chances are- if you are purposefully reading this post today- it is because you know that I regularly write about moving on Mondays.

Welcome- sisterhood of move-hers.

Even if you think that you are not on the move- better get up and start movin' - don't want to linger and stangnate! 


Jesus says in Matthew 7:13, “Enter by the narrow gate.”

 
Jesus goes on to describe the narrow gate as being small and one through which few pass. In verse 21 he explains, “Not everyone who says to Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but those who do the will of My Father.”



Are you going to be moving around today? I know you are. Some of you are actually in the midst of a move- cross country, to the mission field, a military deployment, maybe life is changing and along with the changes you simply are moving out of your comfort zone- or across the hall to a new office.



Wherever we move, let’s be diligent to move through the narrow gate, always remembering to ask God- “What is Your will for me today?”  When we walk through the narrow gate- we can't go wrong.



God’s will is that wherever we go, whatever we do, we move through His Son who said to his disciples:


“I am the gate for the sheep. Those who come in through me will be saved. They will come and go freely and will find good pastures.”



“I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life.” Jesus John 4:6



Come, walk through the Gate with me and together let’s

Shine!

3 comments:

On Purpose said...

Taking a 'new' step faith today...counts for moving out of my comfort zone right!?!?!

Unknown said...

Always love your posts, and thank you for all the kind words on mine! Thank you for being the vessel for us from God. ~Kelly~

Cynthia Lott Vogel said...

Some moves are harder than others, Van, as you well know. When He is our Comfort, then all "zones" are safe...but not always easy. We are on the verge of losing our house; my husband is talking divorce; and my daughter just left home...I would consider that a fairly narrow gate! But OH!! what He has promised us on the other side! In this I can rejoice. Look at my blog for further updates. www.cynthialottvogel.blogspot.com