About Me

Van Walton

Fun Facts about Van Walton

My favorite smell: The way the earth smells after it rains.

My favorite sound: The first notes of a grand symphony.

My favorite way to relax: Sitting anywhere outside - on my front porch, on my deck, or by the lake, early in the morning with my first cup of coffee.

My favorite birthday dessert: a Peach cobbler baked by my husband. He’s my fave chef!

I will not eat: Avocado. They turn my stomach into a volcano that never erupts.

Technology I couldn't live without and why: My laptop - it takes me anywhere I want to go.

One thing that makes me smile: My sons' faces!

FacebookFriend Van on Facebook

My Resources



My book, From the Pound to the Palace, is available for $10
from Proverbs 31 Ministries.


Pound to Palace


My book, Little Halos, is available for $5.99 from Proverbs
31 Ministries.


Little Halos


Proverbs 31 Ministries












Links




Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Thursday, March 11, 2010

What are you wating for?

Today my “baby” celebrated his 22nd birthday. He is on spring break skiing in Colorado. I am so happy for him to be able to celebrate doing what he loves.

I waited a whole long extra month for that child to be born. He was due around Valentine’s day and then a month later he made his grand appearance. Talk about waiting! We were all happy to meet him and he was worth the wait, has been all his life: a kind, patient, forgiving, caring child. So glad he is mine. So worth the wait.

On another waiting note.

I arrive home today from work to the wonderful smells of dinner cooking and found my husband leaning over the laundry basket folding clothes – mine!

For a fleeting moment I stepped back in time to the days when our marriage was shaky – to days when I even wondered why I had married him. Rough days!!
A godly group of older women surrounded me with their wisdom and kept my marriage stuck together.
Honestly there were times when I had lost hope.

I stayed in my marriage out of obedience to God. I had made a promise to Him and breaking it wasn’t an option.
God blesses those who obey Him.

What a blessing to come home to my DH today. I cannot imagine what a disaster I would have created had I followed the word’s advice and walked away from a promise. Today we celebrate a strong bond. We stand together facing the future. We smile at the days to come.

Are you struggling with doubts about your marriage? I would like to invite you to join my friend Melanie as she leads a marriage conference – on line. For more information click  What Matters Most 

Don't know what it is you are waiting for, but while you wait,

Shine!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hi, Van,

Your words are so precious to me. We went through a similar season in our marriage. It's difficult to explain the depth of relationship that come from making it through such a time, isn't it? It is my prayer that couples everywhere will not give up on their promise easily.

Blessings to you!

Unknown said...

I can personally relate to this. Just tonight, I shared my snack, with my husband of 17 yeras. He's the man I almost walked away from. I'm so glad I stayed!