About Me

Van Walton

Fun Facts about Van Walton

My favorite smell: The way the earth smells after it rains.

My favorite sound: The first notes of a grand symphony.

My favorite way to relax: Sitting anywhere outside - on my front porch, on my deck, or by the lake, early in the morning with my first cup of coffee.

My favorite birthday dessert: a Peach cobbler baked by my husband. He’s my fave chef!

I will not eat: Avocado. They turn my stomach into a volcano that never erupts.

Technology I couldn't live without and why: My laptop - it takes me anywhere I want to go.

One thing that makes me smile: My sons' faces!

FacebookFriend Van on Facebook

My Resources



My book, From the Pound to the Palace, is available for $10
from Proverbs 31 Ministries.


Pound to Palace


My book, Little Halos, is available for $5.99 from Proverbs
31 Ministries.


Little Halos


Proverbs 31 Ministries












Links




Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wednesdays are for waiting

It was worth the wait- and now I want to shine the light on my latest design.

I know this blog is about God's design, but God gives us gifts and talents so we can shine. Sometimes, when you come to this blog, I will point to God's design. Other times I just can't help bragging on some of my own designs.

Brag? You ask?

Just so you can see how you too can creaate your own devine designs in your own home!

Saturday I wrote about the wintery weekend project my husband and I tackled last weekend. We accomplished our goal.     


Welcome to the unveiling of our "new" chair.

Believe me. When you decide to wait for something that is worthwhile it really is a cause to

Shine!   

2 comments:

Laura said...

Looks pretty comfy! I'm ready to recline!

Yes, God has given you many gifts, Van! You are an encourager, and a good friend.

I am so hoping to make it to SheSpeaks this year. I would love to see you again!

Jennifer said...

Looks great - with our blizzard here (and sure to stay for awhile...) I've got some winter projects to work on as well:) None quite as comfy as your cute recliner - but still just as fun to work side by side with my Hubbie!