About Me

Van Walton

Fun Facts about Van Walton

My favorite smell: The way the earth smells after it rains.

My favorite sound: The first notes of a grand symphony.

My favorite way to relax: Sitting anywhere outside - on my front porch, on my deck, or by the lake, early in the morning with my first cup of coffee.

My favorite birthday dessert: a Peach cobbler baked by my husband. He’s my fave chef!

I will not eat: Avocado. They turn my stomach into a volcano that never erupts.

Technology I couldn't live without and why: My laptop - it takes me anywhere I want to go.

One thing that makes me smile: My sons' faces!

FacebookFriend Van on Facebook

My Resources



My book, From the Pound to the Palace, is available for $10
from Proverbs 31 Ministries.


Pound to Palace


My book, Little Halos, is available for $5.99 from Proverbs
31 Ministries.


Little Halos


Proverbs 31 Ministries












Links




Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Monday, November 23, 2009

MOVIN' ON MONDAYS

UP AGAINST THE RED SEA

I’m back to movin’ with Moses again. Can’t get enough of the man.

We are reading through Exodus in our Sunday morning sermons and, although I have studied Moses’ journey from every angle, I am still learning! That is why I love the Bible!!!

Do you ever wonder why God takes you on long round about journeys? “Why can’t I just stay put, “I often ask myself. “I don’t want to move again!”
So He moves me and very soon I find myself up against the Red Sea – trapped with nowhere to go but forward. Even forward doesn’t seem like a good option for me at the time. I just want to stay put or go back home.

Not an option. Gotta’ move forward even though it seems there is no where to go. .

When the pilgrims found themselves on the edge of the sea, they must have wondered “Where do we go now? Moses, is this a joke? We can’t just go marching into the sea! We will drown along with our families, animals, and all the goods we brought out of Egypt. "

Looking behind themselves they realized they couldn’t turn around either. Pharoah was gaining ground, rapidly approaching.

Where do you go when God has brought you up against the Red Sea?

Not able to tread water nor return you may find yourself trapped. Maybe like the weary pilgrims you cry out – "why did you move me from my home- just to bring me to this place- a dead end, a desert. I feel I might die here." Maybe the place you find yourself in feels like a trap.

God told Moses, “Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today… the Lord will fight for you. You need only be still. ”

Allrighty then. Maybe sometimes I must move so I can be forced to get quiet and still. When I find myself up against my own personal Red Sea, then maybe then I will see God’s glory and thank Him.

Psalm 136 is a Psalm of praise and thanksgiving – so appropriate for this week:
Give thanks to the Lord for He is good. His love endures forever…

To Him who divided the Sea asunder,

His love endures forever.

So - go ahead, give thanks in your agaisnt the Red Sea moment and

Shine!













But God has ordained that I move so I go…



The Israelites found themselves up against the red sea.

0 comments: