About Me

Van Walton

Fun Facts about Van Walton

My favorite smell: The way the earth smells after it rains.

My favorite sound: The first notes of a grand symphony.

My favorite way to relax: Sitting anywhere outside - on my front porch, on my deck, or by the lake, early in the morning with my first cup of coffee.

My favorite birthday dessert: a Peach cobbler baked by my husband. He’s my fave chef!

I will not eat: Avocado. They turn my stomach into a volcano that never erupts.

Technology I couldn't live without and why: My laptop - it takes me anywhere I want to go.

One thing that makes me smile: My sons' faces!

FacebookFriend Van on Facebook

My Resources



My book, From the Pound to the Palace, is available for $10
from Proverbs 31 Ministries.


Pound to Palace


My book, Little Halos, is available for $5.99 from Proverbs
31 Ministries.


Little Halos


Proverbs 31 Ministries












Links




Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Monday, March 9, 2009

MOVIN' ON AFTER MOVIN' IN MONDAYS

Moving Back Home

Again an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph, “Get up and return to Israel.” (Matthew 2:18-19)

“Move? Again? We just got settled. Jesus has so many little friends. I love the south now that I have been here! The people are so friendly. The weather is warm year around. I don’t want to move! ”

Those are my words, not Mary’s.

And so the Holy Family found themselves on the move again – moving home.

Have you ever moved home?

I have not. With each move I have wished to be moving home. It has never happened.

I long for a day when I can be close to my family. Right down the road from my mother. Near my aunt and uncle.

If I were a more content and obedient type, I would be like Mary.

“May it be to me as you have said.”

I am learning with each move to trust my Lord. He knows what is best. He will move me home at the very perfect time – no sooner, no later.

Meanwhile I am going to focus on each day, asking my Father to show me what I need to accomplish here before moving on again.

Have you ever moved home? What was your experience?

6 comments:

Leah Adams said...

Van,

Thanks for visiting me over at The Point. Hope you found something to encourage your heart.

Love this post. I have moved back home and it was great. I do pray that I am content no matter where the Lord leads me.

Beautiful blog.

Leah

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I moved home after my divorce. I spent the next 3 years living across the street from my parents. Albeit for stressful reasons, it was a joyous season of living. After I remarried, I moved to NC with my husband. My parents have since relocated to NC, so we're close now, but it's still not like going home. My heart is forever tied to the Bluegrss of Lexington, KY.

peace~elaine

John Cowart said...

My wife and I live at the other end of the spectrum. I love our six grown children, but were one of them to move back in with us, I'd wilt, wither up and whine.

We gave 'em roots, we gave 'em wings, but if they try to fly back to our now comfortable empty nest, I'd want to give 'em the boot.

Before Adam & Eve ever even had Cain and Able, God said, For this cause shall a man leave his father and his mother...

Our children are our best friends in the whole world, we all live within a few miles of each other and often get together, but there's love in distance... Sorry but I'm beginning to rant. I'll be quiet now.

Julie Zine Coleman said...

I used to long for the day I could move back "home." I missed New England, and I missed my family. That all changed when my mom died. Suddenly New England wasn't "home" any more. It was then I realized that "home" is not a place, but people.

Ever see that movie, "Hope Floats"? It was a great example of how impossible it is to go back. So I don't pine for New England any longer.

Although I do wish we lived somewhere with cooler New England-type summers!!

Melinda said...

After 11 years away, there is the tiniest possibility, as of TODAY, that we might get this very opportunity...a move home! It's something that we've longed for, but I'm praying that we don't get ahead of God out of our desire.

If it proves to be His timing, and not just ours, I'll have to let you know how it goes! :o)

Thanks for your visit to my blog and your support of the prayer team.

Blessings,
Melinda

Anonymous said...

I am far away from my mom and sisters, but at this point in life I feel I am where God wants me to be. Maybe in the future he will shift the winds once more.