About Me

Van Walton

Fun Facts about Van Walton

My favorite smell: The way the earth smells after it rains.

My favorite sound: The first notes of a grand symphony.

My favorite way to relax: Sitting anywhere outside - on my front porch, on my deck, or by the lake, early in the morning with my first cup of coffee.

My favorite birthday dessert: a Peach cobbler baked by my husband. He’s my fave chef!

I will not eat: Avocado. They turn my stomach into a volcano that never erupts.

Technology I couldn't live without and why: My laptop - it takes me anywhere I want to go.

One thing that makes me smile: My sons' faces!

FacebookFriend Van on Facebook

My Resources



My book, From the Pound to the Palace, is available for $10
from Proverbs 31 Ministries.


Pound to Palace


My book, Little Halos, is available for $5.99 from Proverbs
31 Ministries.


Little Halos


Proverbs 31 Ministries












Links




Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Friday, July 4, 2008

SHE PLAYS


E-mails have been flying back and forth since we all went our own way after She Speaks. We miss each other and we want to get back together! Well - we here in Matthews are ahead of the game! We got together yesterday afternoon because we also know the P31 woman

PLAYS
From left to right: Teri mails all your resources to you! Wendy works hard as our dirctor of development and she speaks. Van Speaks Spanish and directs the Spanish Ministry. Charlene Speaks and joined us even though she had crashed on her roller blades. She came to show off her bumps and bruises and get a little TLC. Leann is our Queenie who allowed us to play for the afternoon. Kristin is our intern developing Next Generation. Barb books all our speaking engagements. Samatha assists Leann.

It seems the Proverbs 31 woman does it all! She Speaks with wisdom on her tongue. She Writes. She Leads. She Sews. She Considers a Property and She Buys.

Here in Charlotte, I have noticed that it can be said about our office staff:
She Works and Her Light does not go out at night!

That was certainly the case during the weeks leading up to the She Speaks conference. So afterwards we realized the importance of: She rests and She Sleeps.
God allows it, you know!

Now two weeks since our wonderful and glorious weekend it was time to experience a little togetherness:

and SHE CELEBRATES - Kristin's birthday~


...and SHE EATS CAKE - Lots of choices!
We wish you could have all been with us, but my conscience just wouldn't let me wait another week before celebrating our tireless staff who dilegently and faithfully works behind the scenes to make everything about the ministry run well and look so good.


So here we are minus a few who will hopefully come the next time ! Believe me - it was not the same without you! All 565+ of you!



WE MISS YOU!

7 comments:

Micca said...

It looks like you gals had a great time! I wish I could have been there for the fun, food, and fellowship...well, and the cakes, too!

Hugs to you all!

Wendy Pope said...

Sweet southern hospitality! Van shows it with great style.

Thanks Van for making us feel so treasured. We love you!

Where is the picture of Teri in the water?

Rachel Olsen said...

The office staff deserved that R&R for sure!

Hugs all around ~ R

Glynnis Whitwer said...

What beautiful friends I have! You all needed a break, and sitting in a lush garden backyard, while dipping your toes in a pool sounds perfect!

MelissaTaylor.org said...

And I missed it!!!!:( We are just going to have to do a repeat soon!

Seriously, Van, thank you for treating our office staff, I know first hand that they needed it and deserve it. You are so sweet!

I'm so sad I was out of town, but I'm so happy that these amazing women had some time by the pool with great friends celebrating together.

Love,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Van - how much fun! You're awesome and sorry i missed it! love mel

Kathleen said...

Ahhhh ... once I saw all the desserts I knew I'd missed a fabulous event!

Kathleen