About Me

Van Walton

Fun Facts about Van Walton

My favorite smell: The way the earth smells after it rains.

My favorite sound: The first notes of a grand symphony.

My favorite way to relax: Sitting anywhere outside - on my front porch, on my deck, or by the lake, early in the morning with my first cup of coffee.

My favorite birthday dessert: a Peach cobbler baked by my husband. He’s my fave chef!

I will not eat: Avocado. They turn my stomach into a volcano that never erupts.

Technology I couldn't live without and why: My laptop - it takes me anywhere I want to go.

One thing that makes me smile: My sons' faces!

FacebookFriend Van on Facebook

My Resources



My book, From the Pound to the Palace, is available for $10
from Proverbs 31 Ministries.


Pound to Palace


My book, Little Halos, is available for $5.99 from Proverbs
31 Ministries.


Little Halos


Proverbs 31 Ministries












Links




Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Friday, April 11, 2008

BUT I DON’T KNOW WHAT GOD WANTS ME TO DO WITH MY LIFE


God has not told me exactly what He wants me to do either, but I have a good idea what I should be doing while I wait to “hear” exactly what He wants me to do.

Until then I have decided to be a friend to strangers and to help those in trouble.


You may or may not know this about me: I have a heart for Latinas, Hispanic women who find themselves here in the United States. I wish they didn’t have to come here. I wish their own country could support them, dignify them, give them and their children a future. I am so blessed to have my American heritage and as long as I can I will be hospitable to others. My prayer is that one day – what they have experienced here – they will take back and help to turn their own country around leaving a legacy for future generations.

Maybe, in some small way, I can reach out and touch them with the love God gives me when He touches me.

This week I took a whole load of no-longer-needed jewelry to the pregnancy care center where I volunteer. I taught the ladies about the American custom of “White Elephant.”

Then we proceeded to pick out gift bags filled with “jewels.”

I wanted each lady to look at her “precious stones” and remember that,
In God’s eyes a woman’s worth is more than jewels.

Women and daughters alike left that day wearing a reminder that although they are strangers to this country, they are no strangers to God.


Can you spot the jewels? I don't mean the bracelets, necklaces, and boaches! I mean the gorgeous brown-eyed beauties in these pictures.

…but, you say, I really wish God would tell me what He wants ME to do. Stay tuned – next time you return I will give you some ideas.

2 comments:

Laura said...

There are, indeed, some beautiful jewels in this post! I look forward to hearing your insights into finding our gifts. So many women I know struggle with this issue, including me. Sometimes I think this question can paralyze us into doing nothing while we wait for our answer, but I love your heart...you serve as you wait. These women are truly blessed to have you to love and serve them, Dear Friend!

Shanda said...

Hi Van,
I love your attitude in serving while you wait... I have to admit I'm struggle quit a bit in my new adventure. Would you pray for me and my family as we find ourselves out on a limb and waiting for the next step??? Thanks for the encouragement in this post!
shanda